Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, October 31, 2008

October 23 - Complicite'

Ok, so if it wasn't enough to feel old reading through old magazines you've kept till now but now they have to go oh no you can't let them go oh yes you can if you can sell each copy for £20/30 odd and selling twenty will pay for your storage unit for a year... Feel extra guilty at asking friend for £20 for old copy of Blitz which she wanted 'cause look Lisa, my name is on the masthead back in '85, I was the ad sales manager', but hey, when they want £14 to go see new Bond movie in Leicesters square, you can see how I'm trying to make ends meet.
So, back to where this trail started, it didn't half make me feel old to go see latest Theatre de Complicite' play at the Barbican, The Disappearing Number or is that A Disappearing Number, when we realise that the company has been going 21 or is it 25 years and we've seen the first shows though I can't remember them. Anyway, the place was packed, the play was interesting though patchy according to Toph and now that I think about it, it had 2 central characters who were very weirdly together and had some awkward dialogue. However, I learnt lots of stuff which I like, for example I never knew anything about this genius mathematician or remembered stuff I must have known at some point for example how the number zero was really invented not that long ago, or that there is no space in sequences etc. But seeing formulas written on a board make me come out in shivers much as when I was back in school. Of course I can get there in the end but I need a lot longer as I simply cannot see 'it'. Then again I have no fear of a blank page as you can tell and am sure some people come out in hives about that. Each to their own.
But yeah, 25 years ago was another life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home