Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, October 31, 2008

31 October - Scouring pads

Well, I try to be helpful at all times so here's my handy hint since am sick and tired of cleaning and re-cleaning stuff after painters left. They were neat but paint splashes are the kind of thing you don't see when you're at the end of your decorating day and before they've solidified on a tap, in a sink, on top of a cabinet etc. I tried various things and in the process turned my nails to an even more unattractive proposition than they normally are (yes, ah for fairy liquid hands!), but the best thing is a dry scouring pad - if you get it wet it becomes messy. Whilst dry it cleans most things, even did some horrid old glue from a moth or insect killer strip that had landed on a cabinet top and proved very resistant to removal. So there you go, cheap as chips and better than bathroom & kitchen cleaner products combined.

I do realise I have to find a way back to sexy time as have become a bore with domestic stuff and the rot could set in. To counter act all this have taken vow to never be seen in the house with anything but some killer brazilian heels I bought a few years back in that fair country. They hurt a bit but it's just when am standing up, can kick them off under a table later on.

I realise I should be talking about the US election or at least about Halloween parties (did anyone see Cindy Crawford dressed as Amy Winehouse? Great idea) and the like but have failed to procure any costume. Was half going to buy an african dress I saw in a shop, so I could go as African Queen with headress, curling back long stick on nails or at least nails with dangling jewellery attached, and so on and possibly just eat my weight in pounds for once. But I forgot. Shame as I can do bright colours but in my regular environment I'd look like a clown and have to avoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home