Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

18 October - Bondage

Oh, not that kind, I should really say bonding but I like bondage better. A friend invited me to Oasis at Wembley and I went because hey, not seen them for years and curious. Once there though I simply could not find much enthusiasm for it because... well I could write you an essay on it but it boils down to the fact that I agree with the detractors that say it's all hot air, nothing new, I dislike the attitude with which they wish to disguise the lack of anything to say and I don't fancy Liam, never have done. This put me in awkward position as my friend was bopping away whilst i remained seated (I did have a good view behind the wheelchairs so no need to get up) and also credits them with giving her back interest for music (12/13 years) ago when she had slightly lost it. So I felt as a traitor, holding my £50 free ticket.

Afterwards went to the backstage for 'not the inner sanctum' and talked to a collaborator of my friend and when I asked do you like Oasis? he made a face that meant no. Though was quick to add he had appreciated the opportunity to work on their new release as of course you learn lot dealing with #1s. So we clinked beer bottles and proceeded to explore what we like instead. Having established that we're electronic clubby kids it was joy! Though when he talked about raves and I said did you use to go to Shoom he pointed out he was still at school. Oh silly me, I lose the plot sometimes, i must be 10 to 15 years older than him sadly. Turns out he knows Tiga who I love and he loves The The who I know. More joy and clinking of bottles. He said he'd make me a compilation aaahhh (he was off to Fabric and I was off... home) and I, being in the midst of sorting out storage, was able to scan and email him a 1980 fanzine article with an infant The The on the cover (as part of The Gadgets, that's real pre-history). I also emailed said article to Matt's girlfriend who being ten years younger was er.. 8 in 1980. She appreciated it too. Back in the days he used to buy lots of Complan (no idea if they still make it, it's powder stuff you mixed with milk to give you strength/muscle building nutrients) to make himself bigger. I also used to laugh at him taking laundry home to his mum. I took mine to the launderette of course....

Anyway, after the show went to a party for a while and managed to have minor falling out with my friend whilst discussing Madonna of all people. I was simply saying that it was obvious it was not going to last as men eventually tire of ball busting girlfriends who sleep 5 hours a night, never ever ever not go to their 4 hours a day gym session and generally function with human clipboard attached who barks schedules at you (am not wrong , at this party was person who worked with Madonna and had major downer on her ways, great music but shit attitude to whoever happens to work for you) and besides if you've spent 30 years paying staff who by definition say yes to you, you forget your husband is not paid member and can do what he likes. This was not do defend Guy Ritchie who am sure is all those things that we think of him too but the match was not a made in heaven one. My friend took all this to mean I put down strong career women (she is one herself) and well, we just couldn't fix it.

I could take this opportunity to say that much as I can try to be a feminist, and you fight all these battles when you're thirty, when you get to over 45 you just give them up by and large because it is as your mother told you, you want to be with a man (and not everyone does), you are the one who will compromise the most, they simply don't as don't have the brain power to even see where they go wrong. It just doesn't change in the 100 years we've had the vote of 50 years since bra burning and all that. It will take considerably longer. And that's just my opinion and it so happens that for all the gold records on b'day girl walls, she and a few of the other career women were going home alone and I was going to snuggle up to Toph. He may not be that much of a trophy one could say, but he is to mee and a darn side much more satisfying than being just one of the people involved with other people who have success as artists, by which I mean none of the people there were actually the ones who write them or play them but support stuff. Well earning but not creating if you wish.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    interesting....your Tiga friend

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    tiga is not my friend. yet. I want him to be my lover... well, at least once, I need to know if we're compatible on that level. sadly I think it's best as a fantasy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home