Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

22 October - Sofa so Good

It may be one of my cheapest items of furniture I ever purchased (£240) but I can recommend the XXX sofa from the Pier. It took a while to persuade Toph that this would do for now (he was busy looking at £1500plus from Habitat and I'm like 'no no no, this one costs less than a pair of shoes, let's try it, we chuck it in a few months if it doesn't work'.

Turns out that the colour is a perfect match for the carpet and hence blends in, makes room bigger blah blah, but it's also very comfortable and firm. As firm as my boy who took no time in finally realising why I wanted a sofa with no awkward armrests or cushions and long enough to lie on it horizontally. Just as well that I'm practical enough to come sit down armed with convenient throw that saved new upholstery from some tell tell stains. Yes, too much information but if you're ever a guest over having tea and a cake, think of us and our new prop. Couldn't find the remote to turn the news off though, must admit that was slight drawback to concentration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home