Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 21, 2008

18 November - Dorothy Parker

Sometimes I think I am Ms Parker but perhaps my witty ways will only be appreciated in restrospect. I am quite proud of the following for example but it seems to have resulted in a friend ceasing communication as of a few days ago when I wrote it in an email.
The background. Male, 38, in love with woman, 34? who has a boyfriend of 18 years and who despite protestations of wanting something different, simply can't make the break. 'It's complicated' she says. Yeah, right, of course it is. In the meantime she's having her cake and eating it whilst hosting my friend several nights a week and then banishing him when her fiancee' comes to visit some weekends (they're both continental and she's here on a work placement till Xmas).
My friend has taken to describing his situation as a 'French farce'. So, I thought it would be ok to ask, after the boyfriend had just been to visit and had departed again:'How is your romance with G. going? or should I say the timeshare with N.? (N. being the longterm first owner of G's heart).

Tell me? Was I wrong? I mean, I may have prickled too back in the days I had a long term affair but if anyone had called my all consuming romance which I thought was so hot and not tawdry at all, a 'Timeshare' with his lovely wife, then maybe I'd have wised up sooner.

Ah well, this gets me out of being consulted for any advice which suits me fine. I dislike G. despite her jollyness when we've met. And he's an idiot so there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home