Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 21, 2008

20 November - Cupid, knows nothing

So remember I was trying to get tall and handsome not quite forty or just forty docu direcor MA. together with thirtysomething successfull writer M. but they didn't really take to each otehr? Ok, so I thought he would still be good for other women I know only ... my lovely friend L. said she had a few as well, and to get him down to the pub quiz in west london where she'd bring her friend H. also a writer but not published yet, although she suspected H. was having a scene with handsome grey haired posh and very literary TB who is however, poor (as evidenced by the fact he wears stylish dandysh suits and other but they could seriously do with a dry clean and I know all about holdihng back on drycleaing bills and in fact am about to try the revuolutionary new sachets of chemicals that you can put in your tumbledrier together with item of clothing in a supplied plastic sealed bag and voila' for 80p or so you home dry clean a few itmes). Yes, there is a good 20% of boring and thrifty housewife in my psyche. I never did coupons or sainsbury or boots cards to save points but I'll use cheap and wonderful white vinegar to clean everything for example, instead of stupid array of mr muscles and so on.

Now, this being London, the person I met handsome M. via, is of course TB. The two were having coffee one saturday after a night on the tiles in Shoreditch where they said one can find lots of young women up for it (there are young women in west london and chalk farm where the two reside but these women are not up for it unless you're a banker or at least own a bmw and my two 40 somethings are resolutely of the 'arty' crowd variety.

So, there we are, L. and I wanting to match writer H. with handsome MA, when in fact H. is on and off shagging MA's friend TB! Stone me. It was obvious when TB arrived at the pub quiz and MA of course had already met his intended match H. and had to of course not even think about it ....

We'd also invited my friend GB who has a g/friend of a few months but L. thinks she's wrong for him and wants to shop him around. Unfortuntately apart from H. no other women turned up for our team. At the very end a young woman came to speak to L. and told her she thought MA was handsome but we didn't get a vibe off him towards this young woman.

I'd give up wouldn't you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home