Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 28, 2008

21 November - West

I wouldn't give a damn to be honest but friends have a shop in Westfield so at some point I had promised I'd go and cast my eye as shopper and report back on what I thought. So we drove in on Sunday at 4.30pm and said we'd do an hour.
In fact an hour was plenty, half of it is not open yet, you know, the much touted designer village section for example or the cinema etc.
It was like being in an airport. In that sense it was good, there was space. The various cafes seemed to be doing excellent trade. I know the footfall has alraedy reached 2m but how many bought, I wouldn't know. I have no desire for larger versions of shops I already know and don't much care for. I fail to be excited by a twice or three times the size of an Oasis for example as there's just twice the same stuff.
There were several shops from other countries so that was a novelty but again, I had no desire to go in, tough bless they'd have hugged you if you did, those poor sales assistants baking under the lights and with no one much to serve. It's a long day when you're twenty something and you have to work on a sunday on a shift till 9.3opm or 10pm.
Give me Harvey Nicks any time, just big enough not to get tired walking around, tough the big malls clearly bank on you getting tired and thirsty and all that.
Parking was easy, but so it was/is at Canary Wharf and who wans to go there...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home