Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 28, 2008

29 November - Green eyed

It never ceases to amaze me how territorial I can be. I wouldn't say jealous. I simply try to get rid of the competition as soon as I spot any. The thing is that I do it w/o even considering that the competition may not have any designs on my BF since he's old let's face it, and increasingly looking it (so am I, so am I) and not rich and she, may be 25, pretty as anything and full of the joys of pursuing whatever career she has in mind and not really going to go for old bloke.

But... we had an invite to a new bar opening in Shoreditch courtesy of JR. As I had to wait and meet some other friends and bring them over to the bar/club, I arrived approximately 45 mins after Toph to find him deep in conversation with young (did I say young?) and attractive black girl. Bless, he did introduce me but just as my name and not the essential qualifier 'girlfriend'. I went to the bar and it took me a while to get all a drink but all the while I was watching him and he talked and talked or she talked and talked. When I gave him his drink he told me she's a writer and went back to talking to her. Now, he may be old and attractive only to me but his job means he could still be useful to young nubile writer so I instantly spotted the interest there. Or maybe I just remembered how back in the days I'd have talked to anyone I thought could be helpful in my career pursuits. Now I don't of course as I don't have a career, those days are gone.
So I talked to my friends and still Toph was talking to her so there was no other option. I interrupted him, dragged him a step away and said in no uncertain terms 'Pay me some attention'. Bless, he then found a way to say 'my girlfriend blah blah ' and call me an over reacting old hag but I did see the look on young nubile instantly shifting to register the information. And not too long later she went off to talk to someone else.

Of course Toph was all triumphant later having got a rise out of me and I was left to consider that I flirt with anyone at any occasion I find myself in but can't take it when it's done to me. Awwww... this is pathetic! We're not teenagers or young people so why act like this?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it is very sweet that you are concerned, and if you want a young handsome chap to make your bf jealous, I will happily volunteer my time...!

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    send a photo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home