Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 07, 2009

8 May - SBS goodbye

Am I the only one that doesn't mourn for a second the fact that the South Bank Shooooww will be no longer from next year? And am I the only one who thinks maybe not getting UBS money and no other sponsor forthcoming for such small audience figures, is contributing reason?

Melvyn never did it for me. Though am sad no arts programme will provide a bit of an introduction to things I didn't know about, in recent years he's turned down a few good proposals that I personally know were put to him for coverage of this or that 'art' and have to conclude he just did what suited his patronage/hubris. Fair enough you'll say, he devised the progamme, he is the programme but, don't know... he was never positing anything very challenging to those he covered and he was also doing plenty of puff pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home