Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, April 20, 2009

17 April - What one wonders about

See, we all do it, all day long mind wandering along god knows what lines inspired it to go here or there and most of it is puff. I try to think about intelligent stuff but it's not automatic, it happens only if it's inspired by some higher discussion. Left to my own devices, apart from having 50% of actual total thougths these days taken up by refurbishment of property (example need to buy replacement seal for shower panel if want to use existing or ... sod it, let's have a new panel even though the difference is approx £120 - see how interesting is this? NOT) I still don't have any thoughts that would be deemed interesting by anyone, except that maybe Alain de Botton has nothing on me. Standard other thoughts are things like 'How differently women apply lipstick, you know there are the ones who have the tip of theirs filed down to a sliver, becuase they go left to right with some force vs the ones who have a pointy end as they twist it in between the lips and those who wear the stick down keeping the original shape. That would be me. Which is why I got a jolt only the other day when I took out a currently regular lipstick from make up purse and in applying realised it had worn down in a sort of pointy end. I kid you not that the thought that flashed in my mind was 'F uck, who's been using my lipstick????'
Er... clearly no one but me and so when did I actually turn into this other woman? I checked other ones and I seem to have treated only this clinique one in this fashion. How very odd.

Now, are you not grateful that I don't twitter or you'd have got this in 18 instalments of 40 words or characters or whatever the limit is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home