Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, December 14, 2009

14th December - Bang Tao and Surin Beaches

Just made a beeline for the first shop I saw which could have had something I liked. Indeed. Since it is positioned by the foot of two of the most exclusive hotels here, The Chedi and the Amanpuri, it stands to reason that it would sell the kind of clobber that looks amazing on yer Kate Moss. Sheer sheer silk in muted colours and cut Ghost stylee to hug slinky figures. Guess very cheap by london prices, on the 100/150/200 quid mark but I don't happen to have that to spend right now, or rather, am about to board a plane back to zero degrees Western world so the little silky dresses and camisoles would have to stay put for a few more months, hardly worth it. But at times like these wish was carefree millionairess who would practically buy the shop and give away one or two of each to the girlfriends under size 10. Mmmhhh. not many of those.

And why is it that on the last gorgeous day at top hotel nearby, slighly less swish and exclusive as it's not hugging the top of the promontory that straddles both beaches but is in the valley so to speak, that thoughts have to turn to offices and drudgery life therein. I mean, when I get back tomorrow morning, I kid you not, I will have to deal with office Xmas cards. Yes, those, the most useless use of paper/trees and ink ever. Companies send millions, Royal Mail makes their money in expensive stamps and all for what? Toss in the bin a few days later. Insincere greetings if ever there were some. Clients, like... they care? Anyway... back to palm trees, butterflies and incredible flora which I so wish was growing freely in my garden. Another sign I am now officially very old. I constantly look at flowers, buds, leaves. I may have to expand my vocabulary since it never contained much to describe green stuff. Deep sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home