Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

22 June - Remind me to say no to Shakespeare

The Tempest. Part of the prestigious Bridge Project, Sam Mendes and all that.

Well... good theatre, good setting, good actors (one super attractive and one the daughter of Mr God, Mark Rylance and sister of someone who dated brother of a friend of mine) , good music, good singing.

Shame you know apart from a few (stand the test of time) memorable line, s the rest leaves you cold. At least it was not Midsummer's blah blah. Or King Lear. Honest... I just can't take old stuff, too much pantomime. I tolerate opera plots just to hear the songs I like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home