Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, October 01, 2010

1 October - Forgetting & Stuff

A Boots branch, 3 times gone past it thinking "there's something I need from here" but unable to remember, then Toph buys one and leaves in bathroom. A tongue scraper. He remembered I was after one and bought one. Maybe this is why people have kids, so that when they start to lose their minds, those young ones are around to think for them?

Last night was not that hot. We had fun at M&R 's comedy night. That was super good. Recommend it for your diary end of Nov, Kilburn high rd, it’s over by 10pm and the correspondece between Napoleon's and Wellington's horses writing to each other love letters from battlefields etc is very very funny. H. came with (Portobello rd writer friend) and then 3 of us went to Momo’s because JH was djing there at Chris Sullivan's night. But , and this is typical, we get there at 11.00 and place doesn’t have a vibe as not full. Was filling up fast at 12.15 when we left. Toph had driven down from Manchester earlier and so tired but even if had not driven would have never stayed later. And at high drink prices you can’t throw money just because you need the time to stretch to 2am w/o noticing it's a school's night. Oh forget, he was driving so not drinking (2 pints earlier at comedy/tale event) so he coulnd’t /wouldn’t stay. I said you know back in the days, we’d go out at midnight , place would be jumping by 1am, good time till 2am, start to leave thereafter, home by 3am, quick sleep, off to work as usual. But all old, all boring, all no reason to stay out as not looking for mate for sex (what else) and so it’s sort of pointless to even make the effort. Nice to see JH and JR, but NB was meant to turn up ‘later’ so was not going to wait for that specifically. Of course as we walked to car, there were queues of 20 somethings outside various clubs, smoking and generally very awake. And that just compels it. We are not meant to go to clubs no more. If had known, would have practically lived in one all my 20’s and 30’s.. kind of half did but doesn’t seem ‘enough ‘ somehow. Note on NB. So, in the email invite sent by JH I had seen NB's name and wrote back to say oh my god didn't know you knew him, I dated him briefly in 1984 or some such and he dumped me for a woman I never met but she had a distinctive name I remember to this day since I had the misfortune of hearing a message he'd left on his ansafone for her when I rang and so I knew I had competition. So JH says a) I've escaped a possibly worse life than I've gone on to have and b) he was with this F woman for years and after they split up she entered a witness protection scheme as had been involved in something bad (am dying to find out what) and c) he has a grown up kid and now is dating a 20 someting. NB is older or same age as me. He offers that he's very self centred also. That's before I decide not to publicise that NB and I almost share a b'day and for sure a star sign. Fascinating! well to me at least. After we split up I grandly went into a travel agents and asked where I could go for £100 this being a grand sum back in those days but not grand enough to get me beyond Greece or Portugal. I chose Portugal because the flight was shorter. In May. Not good. Was half built and I was trapped with sort of 20 to 30 holiday club type people (this is before Ibiza and clubs). Hideous time and if I was hoping that NB would miss me he clearly didn't. Did run into him 5 /8 years back. Was uglier than I remembered but forevery mythical in the relatively small world of font designers. I really fancied the other one from Manchester, PS but never got the nod from him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home