Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, April 01, 2011

1 April - Friends & Culture

Love friends, I should really just stop trying to keep up with the sunday papers and just rely on mates for all I need in life. paulette g., new acquaintance from art show, and her mention of Paula Rego so an hour spent on Saatchi website and with the help of the illustrative text , I 'get' the paintings, whilst previously had not liked her at all. Ansuman sending the tagore festival link and reading the lovely words of this poet. Which one forgets from one year to the next. http://www.tagorefestival.com/pages/taste.html M. telling me he's mastered his new album which triggers listening to old catalogue. Then meeting his friend J. again, in town from NY and therefore checking him out again as he's now a big cheese in the concrete music movement, see Ether Festival on South Bank etc. Going to the Japanese pianist benefit at Kings Place with colleagues and finding out music by japanese composer I didnt' know, hearing a beethoven I didn't know or remember and discovering that David Bailey is also a sculptor in metals and I like most of his objects. Who knew? T. from San Diego describing her trial and errors with synthetic hormones to find some relief from her migraines and menop which I can use info I have now read about on net for next time I see GP. trying to persuade S in venice who's putting on her first mini festival that she should start the pop up restaurants movement there.. .but I know I'll be told italians do this all the time w/o charging , they won't get it that it's strangers that come to your house and you also get to know them, we shall see. Oh just checked with other friend who says health and safety and 'finanza' ie fiscal people making it impossible. Such a shame, and I thought it was a quasi anarchic type of country where they'd let these kind of things pass.

forget the www, how about wide reaching friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home