Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

27 May - Missing Hay

Well, simply can't face driving anywhere to go watch/listen to anyone. I mean, I live in London, if they're good, they'll also do whatever they do here, in the capital, so going to a festival to overdose on them is not required. Unless of course I was also going to parties and hobnobbing with esteemed writers, but what would they want to hear from me? In those situations they have to be as opportunistic as the next person and aiming higher than themselves, not lower. So I'll spare them ... me, as would be on the level of basic audience who hasn't even read their book and wouldn't buy it as can find it at the library or second hand shop. Noticed friend of friend Chris M- J described as intelligence operative ! ha! Is he? What a great description for someone who used to do checks on background /legitimacy of companies for international deals. Anyway, he has now written a spy style novel and am 99% sure I'll never read it. You'd think that by not reading thrillers/spy/legal novels, auto /biographies and historical novels, I'd have time for others but no.. the pile by the bed grows and never really gets the satisfactory consignment to a shelf mentally marked been there/done that. Where does time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home