Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, September 16, 2005

14 September - pre las vagueness

May have to take a break from posting as will be in sunny San Francisco and vague Las Vegas from Saturday. Don't expect to have many tales from san fran where the boys are all gay but may have some from Vagueness where they are technically all losers or winners...It's a week's long celebration of Molly's b'day, who turned 40 recently, the babygirl! The rest of the crew is mixed younger/older all women. At different ends of the spectrum. One apparently will not leave the slot machines and one doesn't eat/drink anything with sugar so goodbye cocktails and is going to do yoga in her/my room. True to my naughty nature, and as am reading Motley Crue's autobiography - sorry guys i can't do those funny dots on top of the o and the u - I have partly set up some possible meetings with other visitors or locals. It helps that I can give as my address The Bellagio, it sort of spells top end classy if you can indeed aspire to that in Vegas. Personally, most of all am looking forward to meeting a new horse who will happily carry me along some dusty desert trail. Not that I expect to find a new trail indeed, all very touristy I presume. What else is there. 's kind of funny as am reading a novel set in modern day Shanghai. I like books for that. You're in one place and living the life in another. Not a satisfying book at all Shangai Baby some sort of controversial book for them over there. One of those where my mind keeps a running commentary about what I read and it's mostly negative criticism of the 'oh really? or you would say that' type. The odd nice line though and for those few ones I'm jealous. In a way it's dead easy to be controversial and mediatique. You just write about whatever the local taboos are and hey presto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home