Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, March 09, 2006

27 February - Topshop & Toph

I think I better get back with Toph (he hasn't noticed much), because this downer is hard to kick. I go to buy something to cheer myself up and unfortunately choose Topshop, just you know, to have a look. And it pisses me off no end. There's stripes, the usual oh it must be spring let's do the nautical look, and plastic colourful jewellery sort of '60s style. BORING beyond belief. All made in China for a pittance and all costing well above what this stuff is worth. I imagine if I were a mother trailing behind my teenage daughter who's insisting I get her this or that because if the store is awash with it it must mean all her friends have it already and if she doesn't it's social obstracism etc. No wonder my mother was angry. I'm angry and I'm only looking.
Could be worse... at least they go up to my size 8 so technically I could buy what I want if I didn't think my Visa would cry at being abused this way. In fact most teenagers are larger and taller than me and think the shop still only goes up to a size 12 but it's really a 14 masquerading as smaller to not make them cry. Even the handbags fail to excite me. Thank god Liberty is still open. If all else fails there's the real jewellery counter there. Small but perfectly adequate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home