Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

27 August - Thieving & Tesco

Pick the Saturday before Carnival and of course the Tesco on Portobello Rd is heaving. I pick up a Saturday paper by the entrance and go look for some tomatoes to snack on later (so as not to undo the good work of lunch at Fresh & Wild with.... CAKE). Tomatoes in hand I turn a corner and see there are massive queues at the tills. Quandary! It's 6pm, I really want to read a paper now after wandering for hours and chatting to Mandie (highlight.. describing how the ex once told her v. v. excitedly that he had a great present for her, like really a good gift. That evening she gaged the box and thought 'MANOLOS, finally' but upon tearing off the wrapping paper she discovered a sodding docking station for her i-pod. The ex had made the fatal mistake of buying a present that HE would like and not thinking about what she really really wanted. Plus he was about £250 short of the recommended value). I digress as usual. So, I put the tomatoes down and exited with the paper. This is a first folks, I don't thieve, in fact I tithe usually. But in my defence I had picked up the Independent because there were tons of them left and looking forlorn and that confirmed my idea that they should really give that paper away for free as every day they must send thousands back. If they don't read it in Portobello.. then again it was Tesco we're talking about not the aforementioned Fresh & Wild. So Mr Tesco, I owe you £1.50 or whatever it was but... if you don't mind I actually gave it to a tramp outside so I guess we're even and I don't have to add this to the sins?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home