Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

26 August - Bootcamp vs Beautcamp

Conversation with an ex employee of Mr C Birkam, who tells me that my former yoga god (I do like his sweaty classes) is wanted for tax evasion and has escaped to Hawaii!! So much for wanting to do the course and open a studio (see entry from last 21 April ‘05) and for anyone who then noticed I dislike the idea of yoga teachers (see entry of 18 July 06 re Toph/Danny Paradise, another resident of Hawaii no less), I only wanted to run a place and make mega bucks not buy into the hippy dippy stuff and actually have to teach. Nothing was done about it as Mr Bikram insists you have to do 6 weeks with him in LA (before he became a fugitive) and I just thought it was a bit too controlling and totally expensive. I have to say that my views are coloured by the fact that in the top fashionable studios in London, one gets the impression that the clients view their yoga teacher as another type of psychoanalyst/psychotherapist… the clients are by and large needy children with money (classes don’t come cheap folks) and the need to belong to some church of the trendies. As I’ve spent some time after the classes with some of them (no, I don’t go but I meet friends who drink with them and believe me they undo the good work by guzzling pints and stuff) and I get to hear their stories, a more dysfunctional bunch is hard to imagine. So that’s why I dislike some centres. My own form of snobbing the snobs I guess. Anyway, I have of course moved on to the newest import from the USA, Beautcamp Pilates. Only available in one studio in the UK for the moment daahlings. Only 6 people per class. Go google it. Great pun no? In case you wonder why I don't add those easy internet links to stuff, my philosophy is that if you make the effort to find something, it may be that you really want to look it up.

I love it and am aching aching aching, so it must work. I mean aching as in nearly throw up achey. Love my new classes, even more since upon booking one and looking directly at owner’s computer I saw the first name at the top of list of clients is Abi Titmuss. I mean, a hero of mine! Love her! All gone a bit quiet for her, where is she? What’s up Abi? Write and tell me. In LA of course they have Nicole and Ben Stiller and Jessica Simpson going to classes, here they get Abi and the ugly journalists who usually interview stars, like Chrissie I. Meow, but am allowed it, an ex boyfriend slept with her a few times before becoming entangled with me. If he'd mentioned this before 'our' deed, I would have called it off of course.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Francis Dutch said…

    Hey lisa,
    love love your blog!

    I checked out www.beautcamppilates.co.uk and i am intrigued!!
    I do want to find out more from your perspective. what's so great about it other than it will 'strenghten, tone and lengthen'.
    is it only for girls? Is it fun? will i get bored? what type of people attend those classes? would love to know what you think and ur experience.

    Best wishes,

    Francis

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lisa,
    love love your blog!

    I checked out www.beautcamppilates.co.uk and i am intrigued!!
    I do want to find out more from your perspective. what's so great about it other than it will 'strenghten, tone and lengthen'.
    is it only for girls? Is it fun? will i get bored? what type of people attend those classes? would love to know what you think and ur experience.

    Best wishes,

    Francis
    Francisdutch@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home