Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, March 29, 2007

29 March - Eve & the Mandarin

Modesty prevents me from describing in depth a sudden bout of extreme flirtation that took place whilst I was having a drink with a friend in the bar of one of those hotels I love so much. He caught my eye, I held his gaze. Old habits are hard to break. He was young, tall and v. handsome and as a non-suit he stood out, so he came over to me and the equally mature girlfriend complete with fetching grey hair, and bought us a drink. He was paying equal attention to both of us in a ‘don’t mind which way this one goes and I’ll edge my bets’ sort of way. I left to go to the loo, came back and they were deep in laughs, she went to the bar and I took her seat and my hands were taken. I didn’t pull them away. She came back and we carried on. I had to leave, he begged us not too (only because he had another hour to kill before his friends turned up from a shoot. He’s in TV, knows people I know) but I clearly was in danger and g/friend must have felt equally unsteady under his charm assault. Outside she berated me for not mentioning the boyfriend and how would I feel if he did what I did. For sure I’d feel bad but I blame it all on Ez (and alcohol of course) . Earlier had met her briefly to coo over her all dolled up and ready to go to meet a foreign lover she’d met on internet last Autumn and who had provided hours of delights with his prowess, and all in the superb surroundings of a top hotel. She was very excited as a repeat, if not superior, performance was expected and she wasn’t stingy on the graphic details. They can’t fail to get you going, and that made me think about a time not so long ago … and well, there’s always a moment in a coupled up person’s mind when they wish they could just go with the flow and the young man definitely had a flow and seems to know that if aiming for oldies, he’s safe from even getting any texts the next day. Use and throw being the modus operandi applied. But, sense of course prevailed. I didn’t even take any phone numbers. I reached the boy shortly after and covered him in kisses, though that didn’t break his concentration from watching Kidnapped, which as we know is 2 hours long, so I gave up and snoozed. I didn't think of handsome George as I fell to sleep, but better steer away from seductive hotel bars for a while though…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home