Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, April 26, 2007

26 April - Halleluja & Bonuses

See how ungrateful we can be? Today am basking in the comfortable zone of knowing am totally debt free (by which I mean nothing owed on credit cards or to current accounts or to friends – the mortgage lender is going to annoy me for just a few more years longer) thanks to my bank account finally receiving my annual bonus.
This is not the kind of sum that is contributing to altering the London economy by pushing up the price of houses and coffees and whatevyouelse but… it’s still subject to 40% tax deduction which is bad, bad, bad. Why? Why is the threshold still so low in view of the fact that less than 40k doesn’t buy s hit in London? Ok, am doing what I promised not to do, moaning. Thank you nice employer who is actually not really exploiting me and rewarding my sullen-ess with a gift of a few grand. And whilst am at it, thank you Lord of cars by allowing my nice shiny motor to pass its MOT with no work to be done to it. Bets are now being taken as to which exact day and month will see me tipping into the red again. I feel the urge to book the BF and I on mystery trip abroad and tog us up for the occasion. Oh, and Scott of Mayfair is booked and so is Petrus of Knightsbridge. As part of remaining reasonably frugal, something had to give, so cheap tickets have been bought for Pelléas et Mélisande at ROH… hope Melisande ie. Angelika Kirchschlager can ‘upgrade’ us. She’s good friend of a best friend, worth asking and I’d love to meet her of course, she is extraordinarily talented. I love my bonus, I love my bonus…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home