Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, April 20, 2007

17 April - Pet Hates (some)

My pet hates as an older person are actually probably the same as when I was 20. I would have been the person in the block of flats who bothers to send back correspondence addressed to previous dwellers and who gets riled by the fact that it either never reaches the sender or if it does they also bin it without reading my note in my clearest handwriting ‘This person moved out 3 years ago and I’ve sent this letter back to you a dozen time can you please update your records’ and so on…
But some pet hates have added themselves to the original ones. I now find that every time I approach the various glass doors in the building where I work I have the same thought ie. ‘There are handles, there are aluminium shiny bits running the length of the middle of the doors ie where they open, so how come dozens of people miss the handles or the middle bits and place their hands all over the glass and why do their fingerprints annoy me so much?’
These thoughts are repeated well maybe not every single time I go through a door, as I may be in a hurry and in the middle of some other mindless thought. But er.. enough times. I still think about sex more times than about the doors but am annoyed I give brain energy to such inconsequential stuff. At least have yet to email facilities to ask that the cleaners patrol and clean the glass more often. That would be worrying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home