Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 10, 2007

9 May - Property Shows & Boils

I never watch TV or hardly, that’s why it’s never covered here. But there’s that one night a month that you think I’ll put it on in the background whilst am cooking and then your bf arrives and he clearly hasn’t anything new or exciting to say – well we can’t be bright all the time - so suddenly focuses on the prog at hand whilst you’re dishing up and thinking ‘heh? Why does he give a s hit about property developing in Brighton or the Welsh border?’ He seems enthralled. This hour is followed by Grand Designs which is another hour of no drama, though the presenter tries hard to create some by inferring that the project at hand seems doomed and he’d never have undertaken it. I stay with it but past the 30 minute mark am seriously bored but we decide to stick it to the end and it’s predictable un revelatory denouement. Nothing remarkable happens. These two people have spent seven years instead of two or three renovating a castle, they spent 1m instead of 2/300k, they looked bushed but happy, they now have squillions of square footage just for the two of them (they look 60 odd) and you have to wonder not was it worth it. It clearly is a nice place to live in, but was it worth you watching 2 hours of this. At so called prime time 8 till 10pm. The BF says it’s for shattered couples who may have just put the kids to bed and dream of moving, starting a new life or just making an easy £100k here or there profit (beats playing the stock market probably). I still don’t think it’s worth my while. And I proclaim that I hate exposed beams, so there, Toph knows now to get me a converted farm building in Devon or in Tuscany. Kind of hate all that stone too.

But clearly have nothing better to do on a Thursday night. Am totally regretting not getting drunk and debauched every night of the week for my entire twenties and thirties. You will not hear me complaining about the youth of today (apart from slaggy-ness – I insist there are ways to be debauched whilst wearing decent clothes and underwear and having manners). They should absolutely kill themselves staying up all night if what then awaits in your 40s is evenings in front of this (well produced) cheap dross. Considering that in the frequent ad breaks I had to see that chef who swears a few too many times and am not keen to find myself sucked into watching his excuse of a show complete with gobby Janet SP…now, remind me to next watch TV in July. That’s probably a good gap to make me forget the horror.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home