Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 10, 2007

6 May - Bebel & Beige

I must be getting old.
Am chasing music around myspace and get to Bebel Gilberto (I have a friend who has a lot of ‘soft’ jazzy connections, I blame her). I listen with a lot of prejudice and the first 3 tracks are standard no surprises there, she does what she does and it’s all a bit too mild and inoffensive for me. The 4th is not that different but I like it enough to play it on repeat a few times as am doing some mind numbing work thing.
I am horrified. Though the poor woman is not dissimilar from some pap like Air – which occasionally find their way into my earphones. What next? Fondly missing the Brand New Heavies or some such aural beige? Oh how I hated all that…but I was young then. Zero tolerance for soothing shit. Never even bought much into Café’ del Mar compilations past #1 in the way past its sell by date series. Maybe when you get to be really old you won't even notice?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talking of 'aural beige', I once heard Dido described as 'aural polenta' - which does polenta an injustice I feel.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    Imagine my horror when once i was ushered out of ex lover's house (I was only there for cup of tea late one night) because his new bird was coming round and it was none other than her and gosh, of all my six degrees, this one troubled me for a long while. Someone else i also know dated her for a few times and threw in the towel. Has to be said both men didn't need her money or the association but... Unfortunately they won't be drawn on how good or bad a kisser she may be. But knowing their taste in music, they just couldn't face hers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home