Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, October 25, 2007

12 October - Of Mice & Women

One Sunday am uncharacteristically in a pub full of people watching a rugby qualifier. Two of my g/friends are early 30's, the other one is my age. One, G. leans over to say she likes that bloke over there in the green flak jacket who's talking to a woman and are they together? I reply after a while that the body language seems to indicate they're just mates and good choice, he's the most attractive here. A while later I leave to go join the fag end of a Sunday lunch and meet some bloke I'd heard much about from a girlfriend over the year she had a little thing for him. Indeed, I liked him a lot. Made perfect sense. But back to my story. Imagine my suprise the following day when same age g/friend says that she ended up introducing green flak jacket boy to L . and yes, he was single and yes they liked each other and things may be happening.
Fast forward a week or two when same age g/friend relates that it's all already over. Why? Because he wouldn't kill a mouse. A first date had gone ok, not brilliant, as he'd not taken enough charge of where to go/what to do. He's 'only' 27, bless. But by second date they were in L.'s flat, kissing etc on the sofa and in various stages of undress when L. spotted a mouse next to her face. She got boy off her and asked him to kill the mouse. He said he would try and catch him and throw it out of the window. No, you must kill him says L.
A bit of fluffing about later and she gets into a huff and asks boy to leave. Then she sends him a text to say it wouldn't work etc and bye bye.
My same age friend is laughing her head off at this tale. I'm flabbergasted that this poor boy may be now traumatised by the way in which he was dumped because he didn't deal with a mouse in the way the woman expected.
Then I think of myself age 30odd and the amount of people (men) I discarded for similar spurious reasons. You know, it would never work because you like beans on toast and I want to climb the Himalayas. I feel like picking up the phone to call L. and tell her off or at leasat point out she could have killed the mouse herself, but instead I text G. that boy is free and so long as she can deal with this character flaw of his...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home