Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

9 October - Snakes, Sex & Boots

I send an email to a g/friend I haven’t heard from in a while. In her reply she says (amongst other things) ‘I dreamt about a snake - that became 2 snakes and Dom (someone she’s not seen in years) was in it... he was coming for a shag and I'd put in a cap (!) and then he went away (sans shag) saying ‘You know I'm married now....’ Then the snakes appeared and then became 2...What does it all mean?

I reply ‘It means you want s ex v. badly (but no babies) and in both ways.. ha ha ha, two snakes... '

So it’s my turn to tell her about my dream. I dreamt about boots. Was in a shop with older woman poss. my mother. It's a fantastic shop and sale is on and she said boots were all £12. Unreal! Of course not all in the right sizes, but managed to squeeze in two fab pairs size, 4 which these days is too small for me, but I'll suffer gladly again.
At the till was told it was not £12 but £170. By this time fallen in love so bought one pair, put the other one down. I can see it in my head, flat ones for a change in softest black and green leather, which is odd as I’d never mix colours...Then I go home on the bicycle and I realise they gave me someone else's bag. In it are 4 pairs of boots, all in my size, wonder why didn't see those in shop. Don't know what to do as other person has my preferred boots but now I have 4 instead of 1! I do know that even if I don't phone the shop to say ‘Er.. I've got her boots’, she may have phoned to say about the swap so I will have to give them back but for now am tempted to keep the boot bonanza. What does it mean???

My girlfriend replies : ':)))) you want it all ways, in boots, out of boots, high heeled, flats – every which way! ha ha No, I dont know, but its very interesting - if you find a dream analysis website let me know.'

She continues…’Talking of boots - I bought a pair of Stella Mc's - outrageously high, outrageously expensive. Agonised for hours in the shop in Milan and know will only be able to wear them 4 or 5 times - but in the end vanity won. Hurrah.’

And goes on to tell me about various podiatry problems she’s discovered and may need some surgery on nodules. So you see, my dream was prescient that my good friend needed sole advice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home