Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

26 October - Oysters

Anyone else with an Oyster/Barclay card debacle to relate? They sent me 3. Two by ordinary post, one by courier. Well, I had requested the second one as the first one had a spelling of my name which was from another planet. This call alone took forever. But the third card is superfluous and besides, the automatic top up of £40 which I set up has not happened. Search me. Must check if I’ve been debited at my bank but no, no money added to the Oyster, so am still using original Oyster.
Am generally an early adopter. Not early early one, but usually within first few months of something happening, I’m on it. Though I sadly missed creating my own avatar in cyberspace, life is too short for yet another registering. But am saving for a commercial trip into space for example and was all set on doing the same re cryogenics except I could not believe that if there’s a power cut they could really keep spare generators going for that long just to keep a few already dead people frozen and I’d turn to mush in any case.

But now I know that I made the right decision in not having a computer at home so I never have to deal with calling support lines or having anything go wrong in that area. So much time saved. If you ask me, I work in the environment I’m in specifically for that reason: to have super efficient broadband connections and lots of printing and copying support. This alone has been worth my salary in gold over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home