Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, October 25, 2007

25 October - Birthdays & Orientals

I gave the BF a b’day surprise. He liked it. I told him that I’d considered an alternative one ie. getting him a ‘Me love you long time’ Thai girl. He said ‘Oh no, I’m a bit tired for that this week’. I said ‘So am I actually’.
See, am not the only one having ‘old’ thoughts (as in 'have no energy for puttin on a show for third person in this bed). So I said, 'Good, that’s a few hundred quid saved, I’ll ask you again next year or for Christmas maybe if I can’t think of anything else'. I can think of the practical gifts but those are boring, just because a man could do with a new suitcase or office chair, doesn’t mean you get him that. And he doesn’t do jewels or it would be easier, you know, think David Beckham, I could get him all sorts of diamond studs. Anyway, Toph asked where would I get the Thai girl from?
Very smart question. Like he hasn’t thought back to the conversation he’s related to me that he had with his yoga friend S. a tiny Malaysian girl who works an accountant, is very militant about not being used for sex by western boyfriends who are after the oriental experience, but who lives by some station at the end of the Piccadilly line (I think) and drinks in a pub full of Thai working girls. I was going to ask her for some introductions of course….. But good of Toph to pretend he has not for a second imagined going up there for a drink himself. So that S. could spill her relationships beans on to him as she’s fond to do. For someone who doesn’t want to be pretty oriental girl, it’s funny she hangs with tall Russians and you know… no Malaysian men. There must be some in London for whom the Oriental, body of a twelve year old, girlfriend, is not that exotic an experience…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home