Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

27 October - Producers & Cheese

Reading Vogue as you do and it has little articles on women who’ve been asked to keep a diary of how /where their time goes. In amongst them I start reading about this producer woman and am registering that she’s spending very, very little time producing as opposed to going to buy or sell cheese at the farmers market or taking a bunch of hens somewhere and playing with the three kids and so on. I mean, I know a top producer and she’s got no time for all this, she’s up at dawn to read scripts, in meetings all day, in bed early to be up at dawn and so on. Eventually I alight to the line that informs me this lady is married to Alex James (of Blur, if you didn’t know). Suddenly it makes perfect sense. She’s a mother, married to a millionaire and still hanging on to a day job that probably no longer really exists except for in her indulged imagination. Ahhhh, yes. Jealous? Moi? Not really, I wouldn’t care for Wellies and cheese making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home