Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

28 October - Bilbo & Frodo

Went to a party at an actors flat Don’t know him and he’s away in fact doing something serious on Broadway with some other famous actor. But his son decided to have a few friends over and I went along with one. Very pleasant it was too, in that non-taxing way. Arrive, drink champagne, eat nice food, chat to a couple of new people and then proceed to talk to the ones you already know. Look at your watch and it’s nearly 1am, time to go home.
I did remember thinking the house was reasonably bohemian and not updated for years. I knew this actor was famous mainly for playing a doctor beloved by kids but I never saw any of the series during the years and had never heard of this man.

Next day I look in google as you do of course and it says that he was second choice to play an (older) main character in the Ring trilogy. I thought ‘Ouch, that must have hurt, could have bought the entire house and shop for new furniture… ' A few lines on the helpful Wikipedia entry also informs me that he was slated for a part in Pirates of.. when the project was going to be directed by Spielberg but never happened at that time. That must have hurt even more… Funny how I’m only thinking of the financial downside of not getting the part, never mind the fulfilment of playing the role. But there must be enough cash to keep his son in spliffs. The air was thick with them…Very nice young man, also in the arts. Now, he's a dead ringer for Frodo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home