Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 April - My kind of guy

I never said I was an arbiter of style but friends always ask for my opinion and as I've mentioned before it's a minefield. I'd like to be able to say the following sometimes:

‘It’s easy for you, you haven’t got any style’ as spoken by Vince Noir to Howard Moon.
See, Howard Moon takes no offence with that because... he knows it's fundamentally true and nothing ever will alter that status quo. Howard Moon is welcome to think that in other areas of life, he knows more, is better equipped etc than Vince Noir and so there is a balance and contentment. I would probably elaborate the sentence and say 'It's difficult for you, you haven't got any style' meaning, don't even think of trying harder, you will never lift out of the sartorial rut you're in. Just be more accepting of your limitations, and there is someone out there who will love you anyway. Now, that may not be confidence building but confidence building is overrated. You are who you are.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home