Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, June 13, 2008

3 June - Counting back the years

Well, there is a god and it means that my concerns with ageing can be shared with more than the blog. I don’t wish to dispel any mystique I have with/over the lover, so he’s certainly not getting all of my reflections (sorry, whinges) about the ghastly process, but it’s good to know that Toph is feeling the years too. Says if he had a newspaper column he’d be writing about it. HA! Where has he been? Of course there already are male columnists chartering their journey to middle age, plus comedians and other writers. But who knows, maybe he has a unique view of it. After all we’re both slightly peter pan-ish in looks that don’t reflect the actual years (yet).

I told him he should start a blog or that I’ll give him his own guest spot on mine, but then I’d have to know exactly how bad he feels about it all and that may be detrimental to his mystique. I mean, there will be a point where instead of letting me cut off the white hairs on his chest, it will be a losing battle because they’ll outweigh the black ones and we’ll just give up (you didn’t know he was vain that way did you? But the poor ‘boy’ has to disrobe often enough at his yoga babes sessions)… I mean, he’s already using the Strivectin face cream I told him to get in the States, but now he’s adding it to his neck as he says he wakes up with these diagonal lines on it. I didn’t have the heart to say I’ve noticed the lines long ago.. and yes, don’t just do the face, extend moisturizer to neck, rule no… 6 of taking care of skin. I could go further and mention that there’s a little wobble appearing under his chin, and what with being so skinny he has more of a chicken rubber neck than I’ll ever will. But that would be cruel and unnecessary. Wonder what else troubles him about the process. Will let you know. In the meantime I should borrow some library books about cultures where male ageing is less of a problem. Don't know.. native american indians perhaps? They looked pretty foxy all grey haired and sinewy...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home