Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 23, 2008

25 May - Property & Angst

I have to stop leafing through those annoying free property magazines relating to Ken and Chelsea area. It’s beginning to make me ill to constantly look at flats/houses I can’t afford. I look at square footage and I require around 100 sq metres, it’s my mantra. Plus the high ceilings and tall windows and light, light light. And it’s all around a million. I just don’t have it, and vastly more depressing will not have it, so what to do?

I don’t want a two up two down boxy little home. It’s just not me. Plus I’d just fill it with stuff! Maybe I should go opposite way, a high ceilinged, big windowed one room only in which I live a monastic sort of life (after I’ve ditched the sprawling closet). I don’t entertain at home as it is, so all I need is a huge bed!, walk in room and lie on bed. What could be better? Except that the one bedroom idea runs at around £400k so it’s just ludicrously stupid to spend that when I could live on the other side of the world for ten years with that money. Ah, what to do???

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home