Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 23, 2008

24 May - Songs & Dogs

It’s all very well deciding not to go away for bank holidays due to airport fatigue and nothing under the radius of 2 hours in the air that I want to visit (very jealous of L. who went to Oman for just the four days though), but when it’s depressing weather it all seems too much.

So it is that the invitation from a close neighbor to go watch The Eurovision song contest in his flat with a large TV, cocktails and chilli con carne (well, I brought my own scallops) seemed like a lovely idea. He had recorded it earlier and I thought we could fast forward the boring bits. But no, I was with a purist and so it is that thanks to the alcohol, I managed the full 3 hours complete with voting and prizes. Needless to say none of us could have believed Russia would win as it was a shitty song and we were voting for good song, good performance and the like and not ‘politically’. Poor Terry Wogan, this time finished him off, his faith has gone, it’s all too pathetic to want to deal with it again. Greece, you were robbed.

Anyway it’s kind of nice to just stagger upstairs after a night ‘in’. The evening was nice also because another couple of guests had a King Charles spaniel puppy who was just too lovely for words. This led the host to confess that he wants a dog (not allowed in his lease) and that he logs into the Battersea dog’s home website regularly to look at doggies. He says that there used to be pictures and descriptions of dogs but now with recession biting and people dumping dogs, the home has for example 14 huskies which start at £1,400. I guess people never think about how much vet’s bills amount to or how much it costs to put them in a kennel when nobody else is available and you want to go away for the w/end.

The next day I start telling my fifty something Jewish g/friend R. about about the lovely and also Jewish twenty something B. who is bereft of girlfriend and would like one and I hope she can think of someone given that his parents (not sure what they do) are owners of a pile in Upper Phillimore Gardens where houses go for minimum £10million, but more recently double that, and also have country pile etc. and basically, wouldn’t a nice Jewish girl welcome a boy who loves dogs and has a massive inheritance? I can’t apply sadly.

I go as far as far as mentioning the Eurovision and the dogs and she says ‘He’s gay Lisa!’. I say ‘No no, he had a g/friend, she was just a bit too mad for him’. And R. says ‘So had her best gay friend 40 years who back in the early days had a g/friend or two as well.
Well, I don’t know what to say. Time will tell. But I still want to find him a g/friends so pls apply

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a Jewish girl in the States, nothing sounds better than a British 20-something Jewish boy who loves dogs and has a huge inheritance. Send that over here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home