Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, October 16, 2008

17 October - Cupid fails

Ok, I need to learn how to play this game. The only time I played cupid successfully was when I hadn't planned anything of the sort and the two people involved (8 years and still fine, in Mauritius on holiday right now) just fancied shagging the other one madly and then built up from there. Had I thought about it, I probably wouldn't have introduced them on account that he's 12 years older than her and at the time she was fancying people her age or a touch younger.

So, I probably rely on looks (ie. will they fancy each other madly?) and a little background. In this case I know her a little but not him. And when he started saying few things that pointed out to the fact he's gone out with plenty of 'chicks' I thought 'oh oh!, mmhhh, maybe once a player....'. And he's obviously very charming so used to drawing you in. He and I would have no problem flirting along an entire evening but as to making it to second date who knows... So that, combined with the fact that he mentioned drugs etc, though he hasn't drunk for ten years on account of massive benders back when an ex girlfriend died, meant that I just thought there were a few things that suddenly didn't make him good material for my g/friend.
Just as well that she picked up on same scraps of information and plus did not fancy him, because he gave me a lift to a gig somewhere and in the car didn't refer to her at all which of course was a bad sign ie. not interested either but polite enough not to say. Makes you feel bad though...

There you go, I tried. He was off to some friends and she was off to watch a pole dancing championship which turned out to be interesting only up to a point as one woman was very very good and the others boring by comparison. Which reminds me of the evening I went to a very sad dinner in the middle of nowhere and boy was I in a bad mood. Toph has a few friends from yoga and this malaysian one is entertaining for a drink or two after a class. She invited us to a party at her house and Toph accepted before realising she lives at the end of the northern line somewhere which not having the car that night took a while to get too. We couldn't drop out of it as it was not really a party but dinner for 6 and you just can't be rude. Once at Edgware of wherever, we couldn't find a cab and when we did it was another 15 mins drive to some new development where her flat was tiny teeny. Conversation was ok but I was just itching to leave as we had to be somewhere else at midnight and that gave a gap of an hour. I know, I know, me and my double bookings. So, part of the conversation was to do with the pole in her living cum dining room. She goes to lessons and she loves it. And I like the fitness side of it as well though realise it takes years of toil at it to become any good. But there was something just sad about it. Don't know why am bothering to write all this except to record it somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home