Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 04, 2008

1 December - Memory & Aids

I receive an email from former flatmate of over 20 years ago with whom I keep in contact a few times a year and see maybe twice a year or so. She's telling me she's off to Tokyo for most of the holidays and how are you and can I take a look at their new website etc.

She's put on copy someone called A. probably because she wants to let him know the same information. It takes me ten seconds to remember who this guy is... Some really really young guy I met a party at her house maybe 5 years ago? He was so full of himself that I found his energy quite a turn on and told hime to ring me. He did. I invited him over, and I think he liked the fact he didn't have to go through any courting/dating ritual before having a pretty memorable night. His opening words were along the lines of 'I'll do anything you ask me to do'. Oh yeah? How about ... and so on. And the best part was that he was off a few days later to South America to go visit the on and off g/friend he had proposed to. Think he had worked in treavel and met a colombian, bolivian, peruvian woman, can't remember, who needed marriage before being allowed into the country. And so I never contacted him again, nor him me, bar a late night phone call later on but you know, I don't do booty calls anymore. It was just one of those ones where I had to prove I could get someone twenty years younger and he had to prove he could be up to scratch to what he perceived as a different level of sex action.


I'm having trouble even picturing his face, I just remember he was wearing jeans and a white shirt and has dark hair. But beyond that... nothing. Funny that. I should really have started taking a photo or two of people in the last ten years as memory does dramatically decline for all type of information unless it's in your face every day and even so... Becks kids are called Brooklyn, Cruz and there's another one... ah, Romeo. See, there should be a switch somewhere that asks you 'Would you like to hang on to this memory/infomation or would you prefer to switch it to something more useful/relevant to you personally?'. But would I want to remember more about this guy A.? Actually no need ....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home