Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, December 15, 2008

3 December - The Burbs

Something wrong in the state of Denmark when I go to the Burberry sample sale courtesy of a friend who works there and I don't find a single thing I want to buy. Have the scarves and the mac already. Nothing else calls my name. There was a lot of old cobbler to be honest, you know, the padded signature jackets but about 3 years too late to be on any trend unless you're buying for your auntie who lives in Hong Kong and treasures these bits of expat stuff. I did like a short jacket/mac with very gaudy gold buttons. Inside me there's an 80's flashy girl but... I put it back on the rack and haven't missed it. You know, that was always a sign. Thinking about the item you didn't get for weeks after you missed out on the chance.

Anyway, a little later my friend who works there calls to say she has kept some handbags which were previously around a grand and she'll sell them for £300. I tell her no, there is a recession, the bastard dollar has gone too high with the pound and I'll need my cash for mexico and NYC. However, you can never say no to these things so I will go take a look. But yes, recession. Spent a couple of hours last w/end photographing some designer handbags that a friend wanted to ebay. Took ages as it's more complicated than you think to have the bag look like it does when Grazia take the photos. The simple thing would have been to photograph one of us holding it but we were in one of those can't be arsed moods and wearing hideous clothes and clearly the bags would not have looked good against us. I did however trek them all into work to see if anyone wanted them here but the verdict was no. Mostsly on account of money anxiety sweeping the nation. So if anyone wants a couple of marc jacobs, some old prada and miumiu and a topshop clutch and some French Sole blue ballerinas size 41, a McQueen tartan dress size 12, Get in touch. I don't know who has the time to do Ebay but taking the photos was boring enough and I can't imagine how tedious it will be to load them up, write the blurb etc. The funny thing is that when something becomes old or unloved by you it really isn't worth much, so can you be arsed to sell it for £30? Given that I take stuff to carboot sales and sell it for less than a quid you'd think yes, but I find that easier to do than this process of one by one. oh I don't know. Am having a downer because I also took photos of some of my clothes. Now it's finally the time to let go of the biking leather trousers (worn very very few times as know nobody with a bike) from 15 years ago. But now of course who'd want them? The saddest ever thing about them is that they have a 24" waist. That's 24" folks. Yes. And I had trousers that were smaller than that. and that' a true 24" not a current let's call it 24" but it's really a larger size than that cause women have got bigger. Am not majorly depressed as I wearr 26", 27" now, 28" is too big but you know, those were the days. I got those trousers to match a lover who was often in leather gear and they sort of remind me of some gig we went to pretending not to be together but probably being very obvious. He was married, some other audience would have been our co-workers. mmmhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home