Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

29 July - Drafts & Posts

Nearly the end of the month and there are about 20 drafts saved in the folder of posts I haven't got round to writing yet. I guess most people write them at home at night? Maybe that's when the mind functions a bit better. I insist in carving out time during the day but I need to be in some kind of zone before I try to marshall the silly stuff into anything a bit more engaging.

There's constant re-organising of the small world around me to do... Earlier caught myself writing as first line on a 'to do list' (and I don't do to do lists) the following: divide clothes into work and non work sections. This would save valuable time each morning in getting out of the house on time.

Amazing I should decide to do this now after a lifetime of trying and failing to get into work on time. Could go one better and select outfit the night before and failure to do that means I am not one of those people. You know the ones, the ones that have to go to a frikking job everyday. Then again only last week was talking to a freelancer whose wife is also a freelancer and he seemed to think he'd done it all wrong to find himself at 40plus with uncertainty in how to pay bills/kids college and so on. Each to his own grumbles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home