Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, August 10, 2009

8 Aug - Vyner St art

Monsoon London! Love it, when it rains these days it buckets! Shame one still has to use the tube (closed stations) or try to find a cab in Bethnal Green to go to the late night art thing on a first Thursday of the month in vyner st and cab and me can't see names of streets in the sheets of rain.

I arrive late and miss meeting famous comedian with TV shows etc that my friend is filming with. All the galleries visitors are the usual daisy lowes and henry hollands, in other words I have no idea if anyone who look older is probably a curator or art dealer. Not much time to look at anything. A drink at a show (where I surprise a 23 year old we're chatting to by saying that I did go on an arty tour of graffiti once with Banksy and gasp, I saw what he looks like! He's impressed) and then we're off back West at that great place on ken church st where you can load a c/card style thingie with money and then deduct from it the cost of a glass or a shot of expensive wine. This is where we belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home