Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 23, 2010

10 December - More Marmite & Memories

I didn't go to a dinner, didn't have the balls. But went to Ms Marmite's xmas market at her flat. Was pretty glorious. Love the flat, 's huge and huge garden, and was just choka with people selling and buying. Got to admire self promotion. Recognised many of the b/w prints round the living room, from her old portfolio. Was pleased to see in the front garden a caravan/taxi branded in the livery of GMT beer which friends of mine own. Woo hooo, this is the second time in a week that I see them sponsoring events and for all I know they were at all the Summer festivals I no longer attend.

Anyway, bought a few bits, thought about how much work has had to go into this (and the subsequent clear out of all 'stuff'), tried to calculate earnings from visitors and stall holders, as you do), saw KR rushing about and she's not changed a bit, just a bit larger but hey she's a cook so stands to reason. Didn't feel wanted to talk to her after all and was not the place anyway but at some point as I was standing on some steps by the kitchen entrance, I saw her looking my way and take a picture or two in my direction. Maybe she saw me and wondered (I also have not changed much since those days apart from hair colour perhaps), also because if she goes through the email list of who bought tickets, there, that's my name indeed. Funny thing the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home