Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 23, 2010

4 December - Doctor & Advice

I meet an ex lover before who has relocated to some small town near Brisbane and is in town briefly to collect partner and child and bring them to the large house on stilts surrounded by nature ie insects and snakes but he won't care, he'll be at some nerve centre of a hospital directing helicopters into the bush and so on.

I talk about some recent loss of libido as you do, he's a doctor, and the fact that I believe that if you stop having sex at a fairly frequent pace, you may as well watch your relationship die. Doctor reminds me that men are visual creatures, you just have to wear blah and blah happens. Which is not what my GP had said, he was more along the lines of us being ahead of our actual evolution and having to do stuff when in fact a mere few hundred years ago we'd be dead and buried at the age this starts to happen. Thanks!

S. mentions 'the little tartan skirt' I wore on occasions of our trysts and gets an erection! We're in a 'soup for you' type cafe, so he just smiles and says Down boy down as they say so I start asking him about crocs in rivers and we move on. But he's right. Never admit to the possible problem rearing its head, just go out and buy the usual mini club dance outfit for Toph and make him happy. Happy to share.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home