Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 23, 2010

14 December - Off to Egypt

Forever linked to that wonderful 80's Joanism Riverism... (I think it's her, the river connection) 'Denial ain't just a river in Egypt'.

So yes, no warning words needed re. sharks etc as not going near Red Sea at all, Luxor and Aswan for us. The mother in law is coming as suprise advance xmas gift from caring son (she's had a shit few years past stuck in this country to look after ailing relatives, so she deserves a break). I don't think of her as a shark at all, but will she sink me somehow? Have been told my sniping at Toph is fine when it's just me and him, but am to refrain from bossying him about in front of his ma. Mmmmhhh, ingrained habit am afraid, justified by the fact that withough a bit of bossying of jollying along, Toph is a dreamy kid and drives you mad. Though he can also organise stuff and will want to be his mother's best guide ever.

Never mind, it's going to be warmer than here and not work so rejoice for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home