Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, January 28, 2011

28 January - Face & Mood

The year has started badly. This now feels like the real age downhill.

1) I can no longer leave the house w/o prior conducting some face damage limitation, concelaer is essential and foundation pretty much also. I guess I had it good till now which is no small consolation.
2) I wake up every morning with pillow creases etched on my face which take a good hour to fully disappear. This can only be because some cushioning layer of collagen has been depleted from my face and the skin is more creasable? Nothing else has changed, not the pillows nor the pillowcases. Go figure
3) My eyesight has taken a total dip for the worse. Last year went to get vari-focals which I was only using for small print, now quite suddenly everything has gone really blurry
4) The mood is dark. Just as well have been to Egypt already or would think twice about going to the civil unrest fest
5) I read a poster offering relationship advice and their tag line is ‘Would you go out with you? (or would you marry you?) We can help etc.'a nd I think no, right now I wouldn’t go out with me as I have nothing whatsoever to add to anyone’s life. Or my own.

A quick trip to ski down a mountain would restore some cheerfulness but no such thing exists in this country. Maybe it’s time I relocated to central Europe where the mountains are that much nearer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home