Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, July 04, 2005

3 July - live 8

A more congenial crowd was backstage at Live8 and I nearly asked Trudy Styler if she had any more Guy Ritchies up her sleeve (as she sorted out Madonna’s life by introducing the two at a dinner party). I then remembered that I’m not Madonna. Oh life does suck sometimes.
My observations of the day are not to do with the event (plenty of coverage and reviews everywhere you care to look) but just colour. If you’re ever standing next to Faye Dunaway, be sure to have some sweeteners in your bag. She was desperate for some for her coffee and sadly we had none to offer either.
Jemima Khan looks great in pics but in real life she’s a skinny stork and if you cut her hair short you’d have a very, very ungainly and unattractive girl for sure. I never liked Liz H. but don’t see what the national Hugh sees in this one… Rock wives and rock kids are well schooled in handling the boredom of backstage and easing in and out of checkpoints. The kids are so well behaved, so used to adult company, so hunting in packs with other celeb kids. We were trying to match them to the parents but you don’t always get a gorgeous kid even if you’re Jerry Hall. Actually wrong example, hers are gorgeous. Rock wives in general are skinny unless they are Mrs Jonathan Ross or Dawn French. And I mean painfully so. Is it some sort of peer pressure or do they run around a lot more than mere mortals? They did seem to tuck into the burgers offered by the Hard Rock Café’. Now, that was a problem, I hate that place but this was the only food available .. and free. And their cocktails were v. well made.. and free. Life is hard, I may have ended up with a Starbucks if that had been the only coffee available. I cleary have no principles. I didn’t pay for my ticket, but my girlfriend worked for it and also sent about ten texts to get one in the draw. Somehow our vips tix were paid for I hope.
My friend was also useful in explaining one of the great mysteries of rock. As I stood next to Elle McPherson and hubby taking pics of themselves in the audience like a normal couple, using their mobile phones (aaahhh), I asked ‘But how can she be wearing dark sunglasses at night????’ (even w. good ones you clearly see a lot less, I have some prescription ones) and R. said ‘Ha! but have you noticed that celebrities never walk or stand alone, they always have a friend with them (well not Faye Dunaway) who HOLDS THEM BY THE ELBOW and guides them?’. How very true! But SIR Ian McKellen didn’t need dark glasses! He was happily in the crowd, though also with a friend. I think celebs need friends to be ready to hide behind in case mad fans ask them something. So we think it’s only a certain kind of celeb that needs the glasses (rock or models). Thespians (or tv interviewers like Sir David Frost) know how to use their eyes and if they don’t want to make eye contact with fans, they won’t! We were very dismayed the next day to be asked by various people ‘How was Robbie Williams?’ Why would we care for that clown we replied, when there was real talent on that stage? Angels my arse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home