Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, January 13, 2006

10 January - Resolutions & Murderers

NYE resolutions. Can’t think of any…Gosh , don’t have to make any. Don’t even need to lose weight or take up exercising or stop smoking or drink less or get a new job. It’s all boringly perfect. I could ask to make more money but that’s coming, it was organised a while back in ’05. I think I need some stronger resolution, something more life changing… I would like to meet a murderer or killer for example. Male or Female. Someone still at large, I really can’t be having with correspondence and prison visits. Here or on the others side of the world. But would be a change from the routine to talk about the stuff of forensic TV programmes perhaps. Not that I watch any. I kind of know about CSI etc but never seen an episode. My TV life is dull. Got no time for it.
So yes, someone not in the usual circle from which my new friends are fished. I mean, the only new person I met last week casually in a bar, turns out to work for Conde’ Nast Traveller - we’ve already established that am not part of their favourite readership or rather, I read the mag but do not make any of their advertisers happy as do not purchase tailor made holidays or logo-ed luggage. Rick has a Mandarina Duck as a suitcase. I have a knock off LoweAlpine rucksack, stylishly black if you like, but it does embarrass the odd partner & family when instead of carrying it by the handle on short European trips I insist on hoisting up my shoulders. Turns out Rick lives 5 mins from my house. He was surprised I belong to the same neck of the woods as him. He had me down for more upscale neighbourhoods. Which is sweet. I do project well. But in any case it means we can't exchange exotic tales from South or North of the river, we can just talk about dogshit on our respecive strees.
So, to go back to the plan, I require new friends with risky /dangerous/ crim careers who will not be members of Soho clubs and will not talk about the decline of style. And possibly not about Big Brother either. We don’t watch it but still manage to know who’s in it! Something is wrong. But not as wrong as wanting to meet a crim you may think. Well, let’s see if any are reading this and can tell me some new stories. But if that makes me an accomplice then not sure it's a good idea officer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home