Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, January 12, 2006

4 January - Pimping & Ex lovers

Drink at the Sanderson with a woman a lovely and kooky woman I met at a party before Xmas. Kooky is a compliment in my book in case she’s reading. We were drawn to each other like little moths to a flame. Bonded instantly over mutual ‘You certainly don’t look your age darling’ though to be perfectly honest she’s had some work done and some is in progress and I remain free from additives, though not on principle. So yes, I may check out her fabulous doctor one day.
‘S funny as Dear John has asked me to the party and when I arrived he had already established a quick link with her, BB is how I know her as, on account of the Bardot lips and wide eyed look. He told me she writes a blog about not getting any sex and I said ‘No way! That woman certainly doesn’t go hungry and you’ve got some to give her later right?’ He protested too much and denied any interest which surely was sounded fake as why would you or anyone not be interested in a gorgeous kitten? I told him I’d organise it for him or talk him up to her… and that’s when it hit me. I was pimping for my ex lover which surely had to mean it was over. I left early, but not before giving him a smile and a kiss and calling him a dog. Of course Xmas passed with texts and emails and he never mentioned and I never asked. So I was momentarily startled when BB in proffering a glass of New Year champagne also said ‘I hear you’ve been sleeping with Dear John’ . But I recovered instantly and answered ‘And by now so have you, right?. There followed a short discussion on his attributes (size, did he do this to you? And this? And not enough of this? Yeah, believe me you won’t get that at all, not his thing. Etc.’) before we moved on to getting to know each other and a couple of guys at the next table. She drew the ugly/older one for some reason. Next day Dear John emailed to say he didn’t mind being discussed as a sex object but rather hoped his personality had been mentioned. I had to reply that no, it hadn’t, apart from ‘charming and troubled’. Therein lies one of the olde worlde differences between our sad little genders. He/they don’t mind being cattle meat to us whereas we certainly do. Unless it’s a one off. I don’t actually buy into the con that is the ‘fuck buddy’. More like ‘fuck puppet’ as one of the two is usually in thrall to the other or likely to be more upset when he gets cast aside upon the arrival of a newer, shinier version on the scene.Am sure BB and Dear John will see each other a great deal, though he doesn’t have the cash to keep her in the style she would prefer. Men have to realise that they can get away with not a lot in that department whilst they pick younger women, but BB is 38+ and if it doesn’t help pay her bills, she’s not going there. Unless it’s love of course but she has dogs already, 3 in fact and going out with one is not high on her agenda. We will probably collaborate on a blog a’ deux soon. That will be fun. And would it be a first?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home