Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, January 09, 2006

20 Dec - Oscar & Sebastian

A dazzling literary party before Xmas. A well known Soho artist/writer/roue’ waltzes in, in head to toe cream velvet regalia. He’s very tall and he wears platforms that make him look spaz and the ceilings are low and with his hat he appears to brush them as he works the room. He actually gives me a long up and down stare but swooshes off. Maybe he thought he recognised me? Maybe I didn’t pass some test? At any rate, I’m repelled by his attention seeking outfit. Then I consider that I’d have been repelled by Oscar Wilde then, had he walked in. His sin? Trying too hard, obviously. But not by David Bowie or Peter Gabriel with a flower on his head and surely they looked as much as a prat as Sebastian does now. But they mostly wear the ridiculous outfits on stage and not at their friends’ parties? But how often have I met David Bowie at a party? Never, so I don’t know. And it’s Xmas parties so Sebastian surely is entitled to show off. Or maybe all the world is a stage? After all, he debuts a column in the Observer in the new year. What exactly is totally pissing me off about a guy like him? I have also thought about what to wear here tonight –though not that long and hard - and my sequinned silver cache-epaules is also noticeable. But only if you stoop to my much lower height. And I never go full tilt. No, can’t work out why I dislike him so much. He’s loved by a few of my friends and they can’t be that wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home