Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, January 09, 2006

29 December - Somerset &/or NYC?

How nice was it to be asked to go to a country home in deepest Somerset for NYE? I said yes immediately even if there is no guarantee of a four poster bed and chandeliers awaiting me. There are a fireplace and a lake and a mini forest though… However my instant, facetious reply was ‘Yes.. but what if I get a better offer?’ Meaning a more glamorous one? But I embrace the idea. Only, a few years ago Lisa would have been horrified at the thought of a NYE out of town and not in another town, like NYC- a memorable year arriving from Toronto on the train at Grand Central in the afternoon, quick change of clothes and out all night, those were the days -or skiing in Chamonix or bargaining for fake goods in Bangkok where our NYE means zilch or some other exotic place. Lisa needed more urban or off the beaten track pursuits. Not now. Especially because the invite came from a super lovely, intelligent, smart, attractive man she’s spent a fair amount of time with recently. It must mean something if I’ve resorted to talking about myself in the third person and am reluctant to name my NYE date. Removing it all to some sort of fictional plot. Well it is fictionally all good. Now, can it be real too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home