Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 18, 2008

23 December - Condi oh Condi

Went to preview of friend's film charting the love obsession of a fat comedic actor with a good voice who is trying to woo/get to Condoleeza Rice as he's in love with her and as no known boyfriends of her exist (or g/friends) he may have a shot. It's a long journey during which he meets some people who know her or have written about her and gets to sing his songs. It veers between wanting to be Borat'y (the writer/director is in the shots often enough and at one point nakedly chasing the lovelorn Condi pursuer) and wanting to shed some light on Condy's secret life as a failed concert pianist who ended up as the most powerful black woman in America after Ophrah and before Michelle O.
Er.. it sorts of works but has a limited shelf life and with no distributor in sight I dread to think.

We're meant to go karaoke afterwards but this being just before xmas, nobody is up for it and it gets cancelled. My B/F's ex turns up as the lights are dimming and has no choice but to sit in the seat in front of his, and she makes every possible effort to squash her large spiderish or camel-ly shape (yes, I still can't see the attraction of octopus long limbed woman myself) into the smallest size che can manage. When the lights go up she studiously avoids my B/F and goes to talk to Mr Director who I also go to say goodbye too whilst making sure she notices how much I look like Gisele Bundchen today (clothes wise) and whilst I notice that her hair is always in silly girlie bunches on the sides. I mean, she's pushing 35 so they have to get a bit more under control no? Anyway, I'm sure she doesn't give two shits about me or him but you know... I like the desert between my beloved and any ex. Plus I've been there, ie. in the avoiding an ex in a room with just a dozen people. It's kind of funny to practice and you know if Ange and Jennifer can play that game after 5 years since he changed camps, I can enjoy it too. I'm Ange btw, do you need to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home