Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

13 March - Snags

It doesn't take long at all to plunge back into being miss angry. It's not the city, I like where I am, it's the unnecessary commuting and the fact that I don't learn any of my own lessons. Lesson #25 is either you give up loving items of clothing that snag easily or you stop wearing rings, bracelets, pick up keys by rummaging in back and therefore snag said items of clothing. To be hones I had the lover buy me a pretend engagement ring at Xmas because I like really high set classic stones and I wanted to test how I'd get on. This was a pointless exercise as I didn't need to carry it on to know that high set stones would snag many a favourite knitted missoni style dress or cardigan.

And it's happened again this morning on the way over which was a few hours before I realised I had left at home the planned outfit for later when I go see a buch of old Waggers at Chris Sullivan's new club somewhere in the Angel. I simply cannot go dressed as I am for workday tedium but I have no time to go home since I have to go to see a hot new band first. The solution would be to just go out buy new clothes but that seems silly in light of impending job throat cuts at my firm.. mmmmhhh. Yes, see, how quickly one can turn pissed off?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home